Oz Adventures
Speak to an Australia & NZ Expert - call
0333 234 3941
Mon-Fri: 9.30-7, Sat 9:30-5 or enquire online
Freedom Australia
Print Header

Australia Working Holiday Visa

Who can apply for a working holiday visa?
Applicants must:
• Be aged between 18 and 30 years old
• Have NOT previously been granted a Working Holiday Visa into Australia
• Apply within 12 months of your intended arrival date
• Submit your application outside of Australia
• You must have access to sufficient funds to support yourself for the initial stage of your holiday. Generally, AUD5000 may be regarded as sufficient, but the amount may vary depending on your length of stay and the extent of your travel. You should also have a return or onward ticket or the funds for a fare to depart Australia. You may be asked to provide evidence. Evidence may include a certified copy of a bank statement and an air ticket out of Australia.

Which Visa do I apply for?
Visa 417 - Available for valid passport holders of one of the following countries:
Belgium, Canada, Republic of Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and United Kingdom

Visa 462 - Available for valid passport holders of one of the follwoing countries:
Bangladesh, Chile, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Thailand, Turkey and the USA are eligible for a 462 Working Holiday Visa.

Can't see your nationality above? Unfortunately you are note eligible for this type of Visa. Please see the immigration website for alternate Visa options.

How do I apply?
You can apply online directly with the Australian Department of Immigration http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/working-holiday.htm

How much does it cost?
$270aud payable to Australian Immigration upon submission of your application. This is around £50 cheaper than going through a third party company.

One year not enough?
You can apply for a second year Working Holiday Visa... woohoo!
To qualify, you must complete three months specific work in a rural area. Specified work is work that is undertaken in a 'specified' field or industry in a designated regional area. 

To apply, you need to download the supporting documents to prove that you have completed the work http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1263.pdf